Sponsor: International Music and Performing Arts Charitable Trust Scotland (IMPACT)
Expressions of Interest: 69
This is a shortlist of teams who will compete to design the planned arts centre behind the RBS building at 36 St Andrew Square.
The plans are for a 1,000-seat auditorium with rehearsal studios and recording space.
The six shortlisted teams are (in alphabetical order of architect firm lead):
- Adjaye Associates (London) with Sandy Brown, Buro Happold and DHA Designs
- Allies & Morrison (London) with Charcoalblue, Speirs & Major, Harrison Stevens and Buro Happold
- Barozzi Veiga (Switzerland) with Alan Baxter, Max Fordham, KahleAcoustics, 3DReid and Ian White Associates
- David Chipperfield (London) with Arup, Whitby Mohajer Engineers, GROSS MAX and Theatre Projects
- KPMB(Toronto) with Simpson & Brown Architects, David Narro Associates, Arup, Sound Space Vision, rankinfraser landscape architecture and Transsolar Energietechnik
- Richard Murphy (Edinburgh) with Arup, Graven Images, GROSS MAX and Montagu Evans