7 Mar 2017
7 March 2017 – Second phase deadline registration
Sponsors: Richard H. Driehaus Foundation (U.S.)
Type: open, international (two-phase)
– Phase I – Spanish municipalities will be invited to
submit possible themes and sites for the Competition.
- An international jury, including representatives from the various institutions collaborating in this initiative will choose the three entries that best meet the Competition’s goals and criteria. Languages: English, Spanish
- Phase II – Architects and urban planners from around the world will be able to submit their designs for any of the three locations selected in the first phase.
- A second jury, also including representatives from
the diverse collaborating institutions, will select the
best design proposals for each one of the previously
– 7 March 2017 – Second phase deadline registration
– 7 April 2017 – Second phase submission deadline
• Javier Cenicacelaya, Architect, Jury Chair
• Leopoldo Gil Cornet, Architect
• Léon Krier, Architect
• Rafael Manzano Martos, Architect
• Anselmo Menéndez Menéndez, Architect
• Alfonso Muñoz Cosme, Architect
• David Rivera – Historian – (Jury Member Phase Two)
• Harriet Wennberg, Art Historian (INTBAU representative)
12,000€ for winners of each of the three sites
2,000€ for honorable mentions as selected by the jury
Architects interested in this competition might wish to notice the following criteria, among others, which will be important to the selection of winners:
3. Its likely degree of acceptance by the community for which it is destined.
5. Its appropriateness to the context in which it would be developed, together with its respect for the place’s cultural heritage and its capacity to enrich it harmoniously.
For more information: